Monday, April 27, 2009

Dianah these pictures are for YOU!

Here is a picture of my newly covered old wood counter-top ironing board. You cannot buy these anymore. I got a new one recently and it didn't even last a week. This one is about 25years old. But it did need a new cover, so here it is. I LOVE IT!
This picture shows it from the top of the ironing board. I won a charm pack of 30's fabric as a door prize from the manteca quilt guilde. I didn't know what pattern to do. I did know that I wanted to make a cover. So I took my cover and my charm pack to the Tuesday Night Ladies and guess what. Dianah gave me this pattern and look how cute it turned out. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.
Here is a picture of the bottom. I used my serger to do the edge. I serged and added the cord
all in one step. I think it looks so professional. Let me know if anyone is interested in one of these covers for their board. I can't wait to make my next one.
Here is a close up of the edge where I pulled the cord to gather the cover around the board through the serged edge and then tied it. It worked so well. I still cannot believe how easy it was.
Here is my door prize from "Connecting Threads Among Friends". What do you think ladies? Do you like the name or do you just want to keep this name for the retreats? I really like these. The night that I won them I was really in an orange mood so they were perrrrfeccct.
I made a bunch of these the day my husband took down three of my big white birch trees in the back yard that were 19 years young. Some were for my daughters backpacks. Some were for their friends. Some were for the teachers. Some not too sure. I finally figured out the pattern.
Here is a glam bag that I made while I was camping in Winters, CA over spring break. Everyone went to sleep so to the machine I went. I got this pattern and material from my secret sister in the Manteca Quilt Guilde. It actually had different fabric with the pattern and I saw this fabric at Ladybug's Quilt Store and Jen let me trade it. I changed up the pattern a little bit too. What do you think. I like my changes. I think this is adorable and this zipper turned out great too.

Here is a bathroom essentials bag that I made for Amber to go with her matching BFF Quilt and tote bag. Jenn embroidered the fabric for me. Looks good hugh, Jenn? I still need to practice my zippers though.
Here is the back of the essentials bag. I used left over pieces of the BFF Quilt. That way it all matches.
This is a custom tote bag with pockets on the inside for phone/keys/and a pen. I also made a matching coin/or make-up purse. This is the first zipper I have done in about 25 years not perfect but will work okay. I also made a matching tissue holder not too sure where it was at the time of the picture. I hope to find it when the new lucky owner receives this as a gift.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Lue-Anne! I miss you too. I haven't seen Jenn either since February! I love your photos. I have an ironing board that needs a new cover too, a cover is on my list of stuff to do. I love how yours turned out, very cute! I hope all is well with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! I am gald to see the ironing board! I am going to make a quilt with that pattern out of my scraps.

    Dy

    ReplyDelete