Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Connecting Threads Among Friends Retreat Pictures!

Debbie made this quilt top thursday night for a special little boy.

Debbie is talking to Liz who is at the ironing board.

Here is the kitchen table with our machines.

Here is Amber at the Serger. She is going to use her large tote bag for a book bag at school next year so she serged all of her seams.

Here is Amber testing out the size of the Bandana Quilt top and back that she seamed together for a gift for Uncle Arlen.

Here is a close up of the quilt top & bottom. the purple is a pillow that she made to match.

This is Liz's Quilted Purse. I am loving the red/black/white. I really like how she quilted it.

Here is Liz's purse and matching glam bag. The purse on the right is Debbie's. I even ended up with a couple fat quarter's of this fabric. I cannot wait to use it. Thanks again Debbie.

This is a glam bag that I made for Amber from some fabric that Debbie gave Amber. It turned out so cute.

I wish you could see this large tote bag that Debbie did in person. It turned out great.
Amber's animal glam bag again. Amber's Large tote, glam bag, Kleenex holder and small purse. Debbie also made a glam bag out of some black screen that I had. How perfect for all of the machine accesories. I cannot wait to try and make me some of these.

Here is what I got done. (Of coarse it is blue and purple what else would it be.) I did the large tote bage, glam bag and small purse.

This is me putting in a zipper.
Here i am reading a pattern. I didn't even know anyone was taking pictures.

This is Amber's little tent/fort that she made for herself in the upstairs loft.

Looks kinda cozy to me.

Amber made a tie for her giraff. It turned out so cute so I told her to take a picture.

Yep, it is me again, reading the directions of the pattern AGAIN.

Here are most of our finished projects. I hope all enjoyed. I know that I did. I even talked my husband into taking this week off so we could go back to the cabin. I will be gone until July 6th.
July 4th is our 17th wedding anniversary so I will not be posting for the next week. Until then.

3 comments:

  1. Looks like you had fun! And you guys got a lot done! Happy 4th and Happy Anniversary! Darren and I are right behind you on the 6th. But we are only on our 7th anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG I am planning making a red white and blue bandana quilt kyle designed for me. can't wait ambers lokks GREAT. good job girl. that cabin looks sweet I would have loved the old ness JEnn

    ReplyDelete
  3. r you going to post what you made the owners of the cabin. aka what did you make for the cabin owners?

    ReplyDelete