Thursday, June 25, 2009

It's Time For Our Sewing Retreat!

Last minute things to do. I got off work at noon yesterday. I told the girls that I wanted to go to the grocery store to pick up two items and then go home and pack. They talked me into taking them to Athen's Burger for lunch. From here on it seemed like one thing after another went wrong. Our total was $17.32 I only have $15 so I had to use my ATM/MC. We enjoyed our lunch and then off to Safeway for a couple of items for the retreat to eat. It seemed like we ran into everyone we knew so it took 30 minutes longer than it should have. It was over 100 degrees out and I needed the kids to help me when we got home so I splergged and got them both Carmel Frapriccinos from Starbuck's. I went to pay cash since I knew i had $15 at the last stop.
Guess What, I found $27 in my pocket. ?? Go Figure ?? Then we stood in line to check out forever. Then an employee came over and asked us to use the self check out. Sure anything to make this go faster. I need to get home to get stuff done. We checked out and guess what happened. My card and drivers license is gone! So I use a different card, out to the car to check it. Can't find it. Went home to unload groceries. Emptied out the car. Still cannot find it. So I called and cancelled my card ordered a new one. I will have a new one in 10 days. I told them I was going on a retreat tomorrow and needed cash out of my account but I do not have the card I just cancelled and I have NO ID. They told me to go to me locate branch and see it there was a teller that knew me. On the way to the bank I stopped at Athen's burgers and had them check at the trash cans while we checked the entire parking lot. Thank goodness, there was a teller that knew me. So I emptied the account and made sure I had fraud protection. Then it was off to DMV for a new Drivers License since I am driving out of town tomorrow. I got there at 2:21pm. At 4:20 pm I paid $22 for a new paper drivers license with the promise of a new one in the mail in about 3 weeks. When I get home my husband had already started dinner and told me that when I brought the groceries home earlier in the day, I guess I left them on the counter and did not put them away. Guess what ladies, we do not have potatoe salad for this weekend. Half of my groceries ended up in the trash. We finished dinner about 6pm. Here is the best part of my day. I had someone at the front door returning my card and drivers license. She told me that they sat right next to us at Athens burger at lunch. Her husband found them in the parking lot and brought them straight over to the house but we were not home. So they came back after dinner. Whhhhhhhhhhhhhhheeeeeewwww. Now I can finally breath. And now I have proof that there are still some good Samaritans in this world. I never got her name and she wouldn't take any reward money. So I would like to say publicly, THANK YOU! So now it is time to pack and go on the sewing retreat.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that was a busy day! I hope you have fun this weekend on your retreat!

    ReplyDelete