Monday, January 26, 2009

2009 Crab Feed Dinner/Dance

WWWWWWWWhhhehhhhhhhhhh!!!! It has come and gone. Will be starting the prepartions for next year next month. The Manteca Bulletin newspaper was at my event and told me that it is the longest running school fund raiser. This was our 39th Annual Crab Feed.

Here is the hall set up and waiting for the DJ to setup for the dance.

I ran outside to see how long the line was. I did not have enough room to get the entire line in the shot. We had 438 guests. I had around 60 staff members this included the DJ, my bar staff, kitchen staff and servers. Plus all of the Board Members.

During our Social Hour from 6pm - 7pm. People are trying to find their seats, get drinks from the bar and check out the opportunity drawing prizes all before dinner is served.

This is a brother and sister that came to enjoy themselves. She was very alergic to crab. We must have a real good dance. Wouldn't you say.?!?

Here I am on the stage taking the picture of our prize table. We had a total of 32 fabulous prizes. My husband couldn't go this year. He had to stay home and watch the girls. He also had to take care of Johnny. So he bought some tickets for the drawing and guess what. He won. Does anyone have any suggestions, he won two tickets to sugar bowl ski resort???? None of us ski. He is talking about

Here are a couple more pictures from the stage of both sides of the room during social hour. It looks like everyone is enjoying themselves.

I got real busy during dinner. I only got one picture but it looks like everyone is busy eating crab. Not an empty seat in the hall.

The lights are turned down and there is a lot of dancing going on. The dance floor is packed. Guess these guys wanted to sit out a few dances.

Here I caught Jennifer on the dance floor with her drink in hand. It appears she was happy and having a good time.

This concludes the 2009 Crab Feed. And before the evening was over the principal of Nile Garden asked me if I would do another two years. Hmmmm. Let me think about that for a minute or two. I will have to get back to you on that one.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, looks like it was a huge success! Congrats on a job well done! Next year have a Tofu Feed and I'll be sure to be there, lol.

    How's Johnny feeling? Give him a puppy snuggle for me. :)

    ReplyDelete