Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Crab Anyone?

I am in the count down stages to the 39th Annual Crab Feed for the girls elementary school. Being President and doing this for the past three years you would think that it would be old hat. But this years economy has thrown me a total curve ball. I don't know about any of you but planning a dinner party for 550 people gets pretty frazzling. So everyone please bear with me for one more week.
If anyone is interested in dinner/dance tickets they are $35 each. We are also having an opportunity drawing which helps 7th/8th graders pay for graduation 6 for $5 or $1 each is the donation we are asking.
I just got a call today from the police department. Your first thought is holy **** now what has happened. Then I was snapped right back into reality. My Dinner-Dance Permit/ABC License for next week-end has been approved and is all ready for pick-up. Whhhhew... Like what was I going to do if the permit didn't come through. Those of you that have been to my house would tend to agree 550 people for dinner and drink ain't going to happen. Could you image the parking nightmare alone. So it looks like everything is on schedule from the 1700 lbs of crab all the way down to the 630 baked potatoes. But of course I still need to do some shopping at Smart & Final and Cash & Carry.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that sounds like a lot of work! I got your comment on my page about tickets. I have to pass, I am a strict vegetarian so no crab for me. :( But I hope it goes well!

    ReplyDelete